Currently no name
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We need to pick a name

5 posters

Go down

We need to pick a name Empty We need to pick a name

Post  Admin Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:31 pm

Okay, so the first thing I realized is that we have no title for this game. We also don't entirely know what it's about. So if anyone has any good ideas for a name please post it. FYI this forum is weird so even though you are typing something it won't show up but it is there.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://thereisnone.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

We need to pick a name Empty Re: We need to pick a name

Post  shadow4742 Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:42 pm

we need a plot and characters down first, the name should stem from that
shadow4742
shadow4742

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:41 pm

We already have a guy working on the story, when that's done then we can actually start everything. I just want a name but I suppose we can't do that till the story is done.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  shadow4742 Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:18 pm

Do we at least have a rough idea of what the story will be about plot wise?
shadow4742
shadow4742

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:25 pm

Yes we do and it is very good, I will have to have him post a summary of what he has so far but it is good.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparky Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:19 pm

Ok, guess this is where I step in...
Some time in the future, likely 2095 or somewhere around that time frame something happens, a revolt, rebellion, government action, whever, haven't worked out the details quite yet but on it now. As a result of said event these highly advanced nano-chips are installed in mankind, more specifically Americans. This was known as the VISAS PROJECT. These chips had access to your brain, and could control your thoughts and impulses, basically the government could control you. They can stop you from commiting a crime, adjust your thoughts to quell thoughts of rebellion. The chip can even be used to extend life by altering your genetic coding. It stopped crime across the country, and saved lives, thus covering the "solving the world's problems" bit. As for the RPG aspect... these chips could also, through minor adjustments to brain patterns, send adrenaline racing through your system, use hormones to enhance vision, hearing, endurance, strength, anything. It could even be used to restart your heart or accelerate the natural healing process in your body. This could essentialy create a super-soldier of anyone. All through the brain. That could easily be put into RPG aspects and abilities. Back to the story, I was planning for the tale to be something along the lines of a rebellion involving the Chinese and the Russians, who wish the Super-Soldier Threat of America to be eliminated. Betrayals will be done, and secrets revealed. Some want to control the chips, others want to destroy them, and by the end a revelation will be brought around, that I haven't figured out yet.
Either way, so super-soldier is captured and becomes MIA, presumed KIA. He's been captured by a force of deserters, now mercs, who are working for a third party in an attempt to steal the chip's technology. All he knows is that they want the chip. They begin running him through drills to test the chip's potential, (The tutorial, provided you have one) and soon are done. Late that night, a fourth-party crashes the base they have and tries to get the soldier, trying to kill him because they want to destroy the chip. So the soldier ends up siding with the third-party and helping them fight their way out of the mess. Traveling with the survivors, the soldier agrees to give them the chip in exchange for a ride home, to see his wife and kids. So they end up on a journey towards the HQ of this third party during which the soldier learns many things about the chip and about the factions trying to get it, no longer trusting his home turf. Some of the survivors try to sell out, others die, resulting in a long list of fights to get back to HQ, evading the search parties of the forth party. Eventually they get back, and the soldier, after talking with the man in charge of said third party, claims that there is a supply of chips at his own HQ. In truth he sends out a message to the fourth party, telling them how to shut down all the chips, and an epic final battle ensues between three differant parties, all wanting the chip for some reason and the soldier caught in the middle of it. These parties will be named, eventually. But thats a basic outline, sorry if I ramble.

Sums it up, by my count, working on the details as I speak.
Sparky
Sparky

Back to top Go down

We need to pick a name Empty The Sound Guy =D

Post  therapter1 Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:36 am

Just wondering, what is the VISAS PROJECT? in terms of what does it stand for? We don't exactly know how to create AI yet, but it shouldn't be too hard to learn. Might just deal with it second semester. We are still contemplating what the title should be now that Ryan has read the plot. This is Tyler by the way. The sound guy. Very Happy

I can also make all the sounds for THE GAME itself. (i.e. running, footsteps, adrenaline rushes... etc.) When we get the story down, I will create a template of what sounds i can put into, and then begin working on songs since it will take me about a month per song. . But from my understanding we have enough time.

Thoughts...?
bounce
therapter1
therapter1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparky Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:37 pm

The project is the chips itself. Thats what they called it when they built the chip. Just thought it needed a cool sounding name.
Sparky
Sparky

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:39 pm

Well what I was thinking, and some others agree with this, is that we call the game Project Visas. At least for now unless we don't find a better name.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Moofacer Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:12 pm

Project Visas sounds good enough. I think we can come up with something less generic than "super-soldier" though. Although, presumably, it's being worked out as we speak. With the whole, chips-modifying-brain thing, I was thinking the panel system from KH. Don't really know how convenient it would be in the story though to get him new chip implants, just so we can have more space for panels >_>.

Moofacer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum